CC107: Pat Novak and Inspector Thorne

This week the show begins with Jack Webb as Pat Novak, For HireRubin Callaway’s Pictures first aired March 13, 1949.  Then after Ripley’s it’s The Vacant Lot Murder Case from Inspector Thorne.  That episode first aired July 27, 1951.

Download

Related Episodes

Comments

1. Carrie T.  April 11, 2009

This: “When I woke up, the rain hadn’t helped the alley much. It’s like washing your kid’s face and finding out he was ugly to start with.” (from the Pat Novak ep.) is the greatest line ever. Thanks for sharing with us.

2. wednesday  June 17, 2009

so true Carrie T. Pat Novak has some of the coolest lingo.
    one of my favourites is when he compares a woman’s voice to “a furnace full of marshmallows”

i should be posting this stuff in the forums…

3. Janice Marr  July 13, 2009

I love listening to Candy Matson. Please include her show as often as possible!

Also, any chance of including Agatha Christie podcasts?

4. Jim  July 26, 2009

I think there are only a few Candy Matson episodes we haven’t heard yet, but we will hear them all eventually.

The only Agatha Christie episodes I’ve found are actually audiobooks. I will keep looking though.

5. Sam  February 2, 2010

I love Pat Novak!! The writers were brilliant.

Jim why not have more Shadow? I don’t know if I’ve seen ‘The Shadow’ in case closed.

6. Jim  February 3, 2010

There seems to be some question as to whether or not Shadow episodes are under copyright or not. I’m staying away from them just to be safe. I know there are a couple of Shadow only podcasts on iTunes…I’ll let them deal with it.